Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cockatoos Abound This Weekend

Cockatoo Grand Central
 Currently, I have seven cockatoos in residence.  Who needs fireworks?  Every single one of them has issues with feather destruction.  That puts a lot of pressure on me to return them happily to their homes with their feathers and emotions in decent shape.  Artie, PJ, Rooster, Bintel, Andres, Delphis, and my own Chauncey absolutely crave the Biggie Fuse Beads strung on Poly Rope.  Actually all parrots seem to love these soft pliable tube beads but cockatoos especially adore them. 

Andres Loves Fuse Beads

Delphis Loves Poly Rope
Andres loves to take her time to chew the fuse bead and squish it in her beak.

Delphis has found his delight in the Poly Rope.  I believe these two items have the tactile qualities that parrots crave.  Their tongues fiddle with the spongy textures and they seem to be quite happy and content.  Of course, I am restringing the Poly Rope throughout the day but that task is fairly easy.  I can untie the knots and restring in a matter of minutes.  I use squares of cardboard, woven finger traps, large pony beads, Sunshine Wheels, along with the Biggie Fuse beads.  I tie the strings on a baby link so that I can quickly and easily install and remove these as needed.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home