Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, October 3, 2011

Fear of New Toys

Burd can't resist the millet.
This last week I made some new toys for the visiting birds.  When I place one in Burd's cage, he seemed reluctant to touch it.  I certainly don't want to stress anybody out!  This toy is a string of tiny fuse beads and pony beads with a block of balsa wood in the middle.  Balsa wood is usually well received!  It's so soft and chewy!  In order to get Burd to get closer to the "scary" toy, I clipped a piece of spray millet to the toy.  It took two seconds for Burd to approach! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home