Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Elwood and Vinnie are good eaters

 Elwood and Vinnie are visiting again.  They are quite a pair.  They mostly get along well until I serve the breakfast!  Then Vinnie becomes a bully and the squabbles begin.  Poor Elwood.  I saw what was happening and inserted a second breakfast dish to alleviate the stress.  However, by the time I did this, Vinnie had had his fill and moved off the dish to the background.  Just look at his crop!  They certainly love my Psittacine Cuisine!  Then Elwood got to partake to his delight.  

Your eyes are not deceiving you...Elwood gets a little carried away with the preening of the bald Vinnie.
 
One of the drawbacks of caging two birds together is the potential for too much allopreening.  It becomes a favorite pastime and the results are not pretty.
 
But Elwood (over 20 yrs old) and Vinnie (over 10) are happy and sweet and they are much loved. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home