Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, February 20, 2012

Trader Joe's

Recently I shopped at Trader Joe's.  I needed veggies and bird breakfast items and found plenty to choose from. The shredded carrots and broccoli slaw, shelled edamame, fresh English peas, arugula greens, fresh fennel bulbs ( I dice these.), and kale.  I take a large mixing bowl and toss everything like a salad.  I add a rinsed can of black beans, some diced banana, black grapes, and snap peas.  The piece de resistance is a small dab of almond butter and a piece of chicken breast.  Trader Joe's sells the organic almond butter and packaged Just Chicken and the birds and I love it.  When I served old Ben (seen here in the photo) he went directly to the chicken!  Yum.  No wonder Ben is so old (35+), he eats like a king!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home