Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, May 7, 2012

Safer Outdoor Time


Lucy Visits with Knuckles and Big Bird
I have a lot of outdoor cages and rotate the parrots outside to enjoy sunny days.  The entire area is netted with "orchard netting".  The netting keeps the birds contained should they fly.  It also keeps the hawks out, should they be cruising by. 

I would never leave a parrot outside a cage in this area without personal supervision.  The netting isn't chew proof!  But it does provide a level of safety that allows me to sit out there and read with a parrot near me on the chair or on the tree stand. 

In this photo, Lucy, my scarlet macaw, is spending time with me.  Knuckles and Big Bird came over to check it out.  All of the macaws are "fully flighted" and enjoy their wings.  One of our games to play is called "Wings".  If I say Wings, Knuckles and Big Bird spread their wings out in response.  They love to perform, and it's a great way to redirect them from noisy to animated.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home