Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, June 30, 2006

Rehoming A Beloved Parrot



Bosco, my big beautiful Blue Front Amazon, has found a new home. He was NOT happy here with "strange" parrots coming through to board from time to time. He lived in a constant state of aggitation trying to stand his ground and make his dominance known to all those that were in his vicinity. Re-homing a beloved parrot really tugs on the heartstrings. I felt an obligation to keep him forever. But...he will get more one-on-one attention and guidance in his new home where he is the only large parrot. I hope I did the right thing. I have to live with it and believe me when I say that I am sad. I have found wonderful homes for other parrots who were not "mine" and felt quite happy for them as they settled in successfully. I will need extra special reassurance as to how he is doing in this situation! So far everyone seems happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home