Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, February 23, 2007

Noise Control





Recently had a rough weekend (for a parrot nanny). It is Springtime, of course, and I had three Blue Crown conures here feeling their oats. Boy, was it noisy! One of the culprits was "my" BC conure, Ben. He has spent most of his 26 years alone. He was beside himself with joy when Kiku and Tank arrived for a stay. But the three of them lived up to the reputation of noisy conures. Whew! I was told by the parents of Kiku and Tank that they have been unusually noisy lately. I tried a few of my own suggestions and took note of what actually worked in this situation. In their cages was a definite noise problem. Even just opening the doors helped. However, a drenching shower and time spent way up high on a hanging playgym seemed to quiet the din considerably. Most distractions only lasted for a few minutes....but the high hangout was good until they got hungry and needed to come down. That one hour of quiet time was much appreciated by the entire household. Even my two greys were yelling, "quiet, don't bark!" from upstairs. Never leave parrots out unsupervised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home