Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Incredible Greys



African Grey Parrots are really fun to live with. I am lucky to have two of my own. I also get to experience guest greys and find out so much about their lives as well. They all have similar beeps, whistles, and rings (phone rings). Most carry on complete conversations including the dial tone, conversation, "bye now", and click. I am amazed at the continual learning process that my two greys express. They have a rich environment filled with stimulating situations. (ie Birds coming into the home and sharing other sounds and interactions.) Recently I moved my two greys Buster and Bug up to a sunny bedroom and they seem to love the new setting. They have a TV to watch and a window to the front garden and street. They carry on verbally in a happy manner much more than when their cages were in my living room. Greys seem to talk more when you are out of sight. I sat down to write this because I was listening to a new sound from them and couldn't figure out where it came from. Definitely electronic, but different.... then, I heard my cell phone in my purse let out a small alarm that the battery was low. Ah ha! That was it. Grey's are either psychic or they have very very good hearing. When I am at one end of the house and pick up the phone to dial a number, they will "dial too" and start the conversation. They often seem to ring just prior to an incoming call. It's fascinating to share your home with a Grey Parrot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home