Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Breakfast Produce Behavior


I observed an interesting behavior with my slender bill cockatoo, Chauncey. As you know, all parrots will selectively go through their bowl of produce and toss whatever doesn't suit their fancy. Heaven help you if the good stuff is on the bottom! All the less-desired pieces end up on the floor of the cage. Alas! Chauncey (my smartest parrot) stood on his dry food bowl and carefully removed the top layer of produce and placed the pieces in the dry food bowl. Then he ate the chunk of apple and proceeded to place the other pieces back in the produce bowl. Then he seemed to take delight in arranging them and re-arranging them by moving them between the two bowls. I found it interesting to watch him as he redistributed his morning breakfast. He is truly a thinking bird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home