Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Great Toy Find

This toy is only days old... It seemed like such a simple toy...a block of pine with slots in it...and yet, I have just ordered four more. Why? Because both of my greys have gotten such joy by chipping away at this wood. I originally placed paper and cardboard in the slots. This got them busy immediately! However, I find that they chip away at the wood with great satisfaction.
The name of this one is the AVIAN MAZE CRAZE. I purchased mine from Mother Pluckin Bird Toys. www.motherpluckinbirdtoys.com Michelle Staker of Mother Pluckin has very high quality toys and is famous for the wonderful ATOM hanging rope playgym. A while back I took care of a little Goffins that had just recovered from some serious feather/mutilating issues. He had one of these and I faithfully took it out every morning and squished seeds and paper in the slots. He also loved to dig the goodies out and chew on the block. Now that I've tried it on my greys, I'll always have them around. Simple and yet effective! After all, a bird needs to chew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home