Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Parrots Have Lasting Memories


This is Kilgore. He hasn't stayed with us since last September. The very first day he arrived this time, my grey, Buster, was saying his name. He loves to say "Kilgore!" Kilgore, too, seemed to remember the surroundings. He didn't miss a beat when it came to talking and eating and preening. I consider these actions "comfort behaviors." It was funny, however, when I tried to put him on the rope boinggg in my office. He acted like it was a snake and jumped to my shoulder! Once we discussed it and worked through the anxiety, he stepped cautiously onto the rope. You can tell by the photo he's not at all sure of this setting. Kilgore has a beautiful dark charcoal coloring with the brightest red tail. He is a 30 year old (wildcaught?) and has loads of personality and confidence. Except when it comes to ropes! Every time a grey visits we get a whole new set of sound effects. Beeps, whistles, electronic tones, and of course, phone ringtones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home