Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, April 27, 2007

Flighted Birds


Flighted birds can be a real challenge to me. I have never had trouble before coaxing Mango and Blue into their cage after allowing them to fly around while I am at their home. This time, however, I needed to trim their nails. In order to towel them, I had to capture them inside of the cage. This was done calmly and without fuss but, needless to say, it offended them. I trimmed the nails and then released them to fly free. Whew! Well, when it came time to put them back they were not cooperative. I believe they were suspicious of my intentions! I spent a lot of time patiently luring them to come down and get back to the cage. When a smart parrot can fly, you have to win them over. You can see them thinking and you just know that they are laughing at you! When the game gets too long, they are the ones that decide to concede and behave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home