Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Hungry Little Mush Mouths


I recently had to opportunity to hand deliver some of my PSITTACINE CUISINE to two very much loved cockatiels. Their mom heated up a little dish for each bird upon my arrival adding some broccoli buds to the mixture. Boy oh boy, they dug right in! While they had their meal, Sue and I had a delightful salad of our own out on her deck. Of course, the birds were invited too. Their cage was wheeled out and we all enjoyed a beautiful afternoon. A few moments of peace and quiet is considered a rare treat for me! We talked "bird" and marveled in the two very distinct personalities of Abby and Brie. Just like people, birds each develop their own characters. Even though Briesy was the resident bird, when Abby came, Abby ruled the roost. The pecking order is not just a saying. Peace is had once the positions in the flock are determined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home