Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

When Parrot Expertise Comes In Handy



You may see these photos and think that Sydney is playing Peek A Boo... Well, let me tell you, he is actually saying, "Go Ahead, Make My Day." When playtime is over and it's time to go back to the cage, this big boy can have an attitude. I am patient and can back off and find a way to entice him into cooperating. Sometimes it takes a bribe. Sometimes it takes a distraction. I always seem to manage without getting anyone upset. Knowing how to read these guys and patiently determine the best way to get the desired result is paramount. Getting stressed or anxious is never going to work. Being in a hurry is the best way to get bitten. After all, Sydney knows exactly what needs to take place. He knows that he will need to go back to the cage. He just wants to test my abilities. In a way, this is his "game." A game that I calmly win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home