Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Cockatiel Behavior


This is Munchkin. He is a very smart little guy. He often uses his foot to hold his pellets and foods, but here he is using his foot to hold an eraser. He chews it into bits and pieces. Always be careful that your bird's destructive toys are not being ingested. Most birds just love to shred, crumple, or strip things. I know of many birds that love corks! I'm sure that, in the wild, they would entertain themselves denuding branches and ripping through fruit! My birds love to chew up and spit out pine cones. They sure make a mess but it's worth it! A mess just becomes part of the bargain when you share your home with a parrot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home