Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, June 15, 2007


One of my clients practically has a nature preserve for a backyard. He has planted his property with all native plants and the birds and animals love it. A large hen turkey started hanging around a couple of years ago. This Spring she arrived with eleven little babies. It has been fun to watch them grow. The other day, I was there caring for his macaws inside, when the turkeys were just outside the window on the deck. You can see them relaxing on the picnic table and benches. Then, the mama turkey hopped up to the roof of the house! One by one, each baby climbed up on the table and followed mama with a huge leap and flap. The last little chick couldn't make it. He/she kept trying but didn't have enough lift to get off the ground more than a couple of feet. Left behind, it would peep so loudly and constantly that I was very worried a predator would be alerted to it. Can you make it out in the photo? Little Bird Left Behind kept this up for an hour. I wanted to intervene, but knew better. Finally, the mama turkey appeared on the lawn and the family was reunited. I was relieved. I could have never exhibited the tough love that that mother turkey did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home