Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Three of My Own


Here are three of my birds that I adore. Lucy is my Scarlet macaw. She is funny, talkative, animated, and feisty. Molly is my Blue and Gold macaw. She is observant, flirtatious, and always asks politely for a cracker (walnut). Chauncey, my Slender Billed Cockatoo is the most verbose and interactive of all my birds. He has conversations with me and knows exactly when he is getting into mischief. He recently learned how to pick the lock on his cage. I now have to padlock him in. Such a shame because I find
that when a bird is "locked in" they don't get to come out as often. When you can easily open the cage, you can give quick hugs and short spurts of attention. When you have to unlock a padlock... well, sometimes I just don't have the time. My day is filled with caring for all the parrots and it's a full time job. I wanted to feature a few of my own because they are so loved! My flock has learned to relate to each other very well. They have a camaraderie that seems to make them all quite happy. They also have a constant flow of guests arriving and departing that adds to their entertainment. Believe it or not, they remember the regulars and call them by name upon arrival! We all enjoy the different birds with their different personalities as they come for visits. It's an interesting house, albeit, a bit noisy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home