Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

NERVOUS GREY


This is Cinders (Cindy), a Timneh African Grey. Timneh Greys are smaller than Congo Greys and have a darker tail feather color. They are not as common as the Congos. However, they do share some of the characteristics! Just like my Congo, Buster, Cindy has "feather issues". She is quite nervous and needs to be handled with a calm presence. She readily steps up and loves to be cuddled but she is obviously ready to jump out of her skin on a moment's notice. Cindy is much loved by her family and when they travel, they know that she will do better here than anywhere. She has her accommodations right next to Buster which seems to put her somewhat at ease. She is encouraged to come out in the evening to sit and watch TV with me and Buster. I love her deep voice as she scolds my little dog, Moki. Cinders is a good little girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home