Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, November 1, 2007

QUAKE SHAKE


Earthquakes are always quite the experience in a parrot home. At the time of this last quake Tuesday night, I had eleven birds in residence. (eight are my own) I found that the larger parrots all seemed aware but unaffected by the event. However, the little birds immediately become flustered and crash around in their cages. Buster, my Congo Grey, also gets upset. No real harm done except for a few dropped feathers in the excitement. It takes a while to talk the cockatiels into going back to their roosting perches. They cling tightly to the sides of their cages waiting for more shaking. Things settle down eventually although I am quite sure they feel the minor aftershocks throughout the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home