Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Watching a bird learn

Yesterday I was having some back pain and decided to rest for a while in the afternoon. I layed down on my bed and threw a blanket over my legs. Manu said, "night night". I explained that I was just resting...he didn't care. He was busy trying to bring a piece of dropped pasta up to the perch from the floor of his cage. He was so industrious! He'd go down and get it but as he attempted to navigate the rope perch he would drop the pasta. I could see his little wheels turning. He made many attempts and finally figured out that he would need to take a different path to the top. Success. He cherished his bow tie pasta! He worked very hard to get it where he wanted it! Watching a parrot's behavior covertly can really teach you a lot about their preferences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home