Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Grey Class



I have recently read Irene Pepperberg's wonderful book, Alex and Me. Now I'm trying to see my grey, Buster, in a whole new light. We had fun playing the shell game. I showed him three different treats as I hid them under some caps. Then I encouraged him to ask for the one he wanted. Buster never talks to me. He talks plenty, but never to me, unless I'm across the room. He still wouldn't speak, so I changed the game to choosing the one he wanted. He went for the almond. I am hopeful to get a group together to use the model/rivel technique that Irene uses with her greys. If you haven't read this book, I hope you do. It really opens up your mind to just how intelligent parrots are! Cooperative? Not always...but definitely intelligent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home