Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, February 23, 2009

Boarding or Care Visits?


One of my clients who has a single bird is planning to go out of town. The discussion was about whether it is better to have me come to her home and visit the bird and see to her needs or, to have her come and stay with me at my home.

Although I am available for either scenario, I would like to expand on why boarding here is a much more desirable.

First, there is the fun fact that an only bird can experience the "flock" stimulation. They are positioned where they are most comfortable and can interact from a distance with others their size. She would also get more attention and the chance to be out of the cage and properly spoiled.

But, there is also the peace of mind that if there is an emergency like an earthquake, I am here and I have emergency preparedness supplies stored and ready. I would not be able to get over to the house and check on the scared bird for quite some time in the event of an emergency.

Being "exposed" to other birds has its risks, to be sure. So this is an individual decision that has to be made. Honestly, I feel that the benefits outweigh the risks in giving the bird a vacation of her own with me.

I see the benefits on a daily basis when my guests birds start coming out of their shell and start playing, eating, bathing, and talking as one of the group. The camaraderie is catching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home