Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Foggy Is Groggy


This is Foggy. He resides at an assisted living facility. His mom pasted away and he now has his cage in the lobby where everyone can pause to say hello on their way by. I think he enjoys this interaction and the many residents enjoy him!

I go down and groom him periodically and, when it was time for his checkup, I picked him up and chauffeured him to his appointment.

To everyone's dismay, a lump was found next to his preen gland at the base of his tail. Luckily this exam caught this before it grew too large.

Yesterday Foggy had the minor surgery to have it removed. I am keeping him here for a few days to medicate him and observe any signs that the wound is bothering him. So far he is sedated and he hasn't indicated that there is any pain or irritation. He is, however, on Torp which makes him quite drowsy.

Exams are an important part of quality bird care.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home