Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, February 6, 2009

Two Rambuncious Kids


No one knows the noise level of a house with six macaws in it. Especially on a rainy day! They all seem so excited to be alive!
I've had Oro and Azul here all week and they are a dynamic duo! They are young and full of vim and vigor!
To ease the decibel level, I put them both in the shower. This was a potential funniest home video because they thought they were going outside to the cages...and when they saw the shower stall, they had a different opinion. I had a double macaw hat! But, once in the warm water, they enjoyed getting wet.
Then, I placed them on the ropes to expend some of their energy. Some, not all. They got wild and climbed from one end to the other.

When they both ended up at one end, they had a mock battle. Lots of posturing and beaking but all in play.

Eventually, they tired themselves out. I put them in their cage for a 20 minute rest. Soon, they were back in action! Whew! Hard to keep up with those two! They have a zest for life as large as the rainforest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home