Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Better Than A Mirror!





I always love seeing how my own parrots benefit from the flow of guests that come through this house.
Ben, is my 30 year old Blue Crown Conure who is rather limited in his movement and social skills. He is "my crotchety old man" who is always the welcoming din whenever someone arrives at my front door.
This week, Kiku, a much younger and very outgoing Blue Crown Conure, is visiting. I have a rather complex hanging apparatus in the small bird room and placed Ben on the Atom and Kiku up higher on the manzanita gym. Kiku came down to hang out next to Ben. You should have seen Ben's expression! There was a realization that he was looking into the eyes of a like companion. Ben spent many of his years as an only bird with a mirror and a bell. Imagine having "one of your own" next to you and speaking your language. What a thrill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home