Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Matchmaker Matchmaker Make Me A Match


One of the most satisfying functions of my job, so to speak...is finding the perfect placement for a parrot that needs a new home. I usually go through many interviews and educate likely prospects to the down side of adopting a parrot. No one adopts from me without having realistic expectations! Parrots aren't for everyone.
Well, today, Bob went home to "the perfect forever home". I've had Bob here for a few months while his mom recovered from a debilitating illness. Things all came together when Ben and Nancy were here boarding their Blue and Gold Macaw, Charlie. They asked my opinion on adding another parrot to their family. I suggested a similar bird of the same sex. We talked about Bob and the adoption details were eventually worked out.
The "perfect" part of all this is that Ben and Nancy know macaws. They've had Charlie for over 12 years and were eager to adopt Bob. You can see in the photo how comfortable Bob is with Ben and visa versa. Nancy too can easily handle this big boy and I know they will enjoy him as will their current Blue and Gold, Charlie. Matchmaker Matchmaker make me a match... I know Charlie and Bob will return for boarding someday and Christine will be first in line to say hello!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home