Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Arrival Is Welcomed

When I arrive at a home to care for the parrots, I almost always get greeted with happy anticipation. Parrots do feel separation anxiety when their family is absent.

Zukee here, soon forgets how lonely he is and becomes bent of devouring his fresh breakfast. After the chores are done, I sit and talk to him and sing little songs. He talks back and we have developed a very good rapport.

I much prefer to have the parrots come to my home for boarding. I hate to think of them alone in their homes without the camaraderie and interactions of others. A brief visit doesn't do them justice.

Lucky for Zukee here, he has a field of view out his window of turkeys and quail and loads of ground squirrels!



He also has a little housemate, Spicey, a lovebird. They talk to each other and never feel truly alone. Zukee is one of the best talkers! His vocabulary is extensive and he speaks quite clearly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home