Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, August 7, 2011

An Outgoing Grey, Joshua

Yesterday was a day to simply care for and play with the birds.  I actually had the time to spend pausing and watching as the parrots enjoyed outside of the cage time.  I was mesmerized watching how Joshua immersed himself in play on his Atom hanging over his cage.  He climbed up and rolled around in it with delight.  He would look over to make sure I was watching, just like a toddler.
You can see, in this closeup, how relaxed he is!  Providing a safe and fun environment for our parrots is so important.  I like an Atom over the cage because it's out of the way and easy to just let the bird out for some free time.  They tend to feel comfortable in their own zone. 
Joshua is learning "Time to go back."  He knows the routine, however, he also knows how to be a bit stubborn.  He would like to just stay out all the time.  But I am a firm believer that it's our job to guard their safety.  If I'm not in the area, Joshua can get into trouble. 

Sometimes he gets startled and flies off.  He found himself on Chauncey's cage yesterday. I heard the commotion and came to the rescue.  Chauncey, my slender billed cockatoo, has a beak that is quite intimidating.  He was not happy having Joshua on his cage and was poking at him!  Poor Josh didn't quite know what to do.  I walked up to him and said, "Time to go back." and he flew over to his own cage!  No harm done and peace reigned again. If you want to get an Atom, go to http://www.motherpluckinbirdtoys.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home