Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Special Guest Iggy

Iggy Has Specific Needs
 Iggy is a special little Goffins cockatoo.  This is his first visit to Parrot Nanny.  I was able to somewhat duplicate the type of cage and setup that he has at home.  His mom emailed me a photo so that I could do this. 
 Iggy has a special diet and a special routine. Every morning he gets a small organic apple placed on the bottom of his cage.  He loves this!  He eats about half of it by day's end but he also rolls it around and plays with it. 
  Iggy also get his small bowl of cous cous with peas and carrots in it.  Mom brought a good supply of this as well as some snap peas in the pod. 
Munch Ball Filled With Goodies
   Iggy also loves almonds in the shell...who doesn't?  To make it more challenging, these are placed inside a Munch Ball.  Iggy has mastered getting the almond out in a matter of seconds.  So, I added some other items to increase the complexity.  I also hooked it on a baby link to keep it from ending up on the cage floor. 
   So far, Iggy seems to feel very comfortable. Since this is the first time away from home in 11 years, I am eager to keep him stress free and happy.  I pride myself on accommodating special-care birds. Iggy is a hyperactive little lovebug. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home