Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Big Blue Baby Girl


Dad says Bye Bye to Echo


Echo Outside On A Sunny Day


Echo Hanging Around Like A Hyacinth

I have a new guest.  She is a much loved hyacinth macaw.  Her name is Echo and she is so sweet. 

She misses her dad and mom but is enjoying the macaw room immensely.  The other macaws are good company for her.  Seems that all hyacinths like to hang "helplessly" to attract attention.  "Help me, I can't get up!"   

Echo only likes to eat mashed food.  So, out came my food processor.  I make her a special meal by pulverizing banana, pumpkin, sweet potato, a scrambled egg, and some coconut milk.  Yum!  She licks it like a lollipop.  I've made her a toy from a fresh coconut cracked in half.  I wonder how long it will last?  Her beak is very powerful.  I even ordered some macadamia nuts (in shell) from a new website that I love.  http://www.nutsite.com/  They have good prices when you buy in bulk.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home