Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Bamboo Forest Inside A Cage

Echo and BJ At Home In The Forest

Munch Gets Down To Business


Rocky Peeks Thru Bamboo
 Today many of the larger parrots got to go outside to enjoy this gorgeous day.  The cockatiels were delighted to get a little outside brought inside.  I clipped some of the golden bamboo from behind the turtle pond and supplied the tiels with a wonderful enrichment.  They went right to work denuding the tender leaves from the stem.  Yes, it's messy but it's worth it to see how busy they were!  I hang the stems upside down and hook one of the top twigs through the cage bars.  This allows me to leave the bamboo in but I'm still able to pull the papers and clean the cage floor.  Which, by the way, is now carpeted with leaves!  Edible plants are an easy enrichment to offer.  Check on line for safe woods, plants, flowers, etc. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home