Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

A Typical Morning at my home.

My little fluffy grey, Buster, loves to join me for breakfast! He loves milk. Here's my typical morning...
First, everyone gets uncovered with a "good morning" and a tiny snack. Second, I prepare and serve breakfast in bed for everyone! Third, I set up the outdoor cages with fresh water and foods. Fourth, I put out half of the birds...I have a noisy group and a quiet group. When the first group is outside, I clean their cages and sweep/mop their floor area. By the time I'm done, the noisy group is usually "ready to come in" and they show this by being quite vocal. I bring them in one at a time which is cause for great excitement and noise! The noisy group (two macaws and two cockatoos) hate to be separated from each other even for a moment! Once they get back to their clean and restocked cages, all gets quiet. Whew! However I then go into the next mode...Fifth, I take out the quiet guys (two greys and a yellow collar macaw). They enjoy the outdoors by watching the wild birds, ringing like phones and having long converstations. This, I hope, is not too objectionable to my neighbors. I, then, clean their cages and floors and, of course, the kitchen (which has suddenly filled with dirty food and water bowls!) Then, I'm free to go out to do parrot nanny business. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home