Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Making Time for Yourself

Obviously, having a house full of parrots (my own as well as my guest birds) and making house calls to care for my client's birds keeps me jumping! I love what I do and find it rewarding and never dull. This last week was a challenge because I also had my sister and her husband visiting! Having "non-parrot people" see the goings on in my life made me a bit defensive. "No, I'm not crazy!" This is not the lifestyle for everyone! I find the routine of cleaning, feeding, sweeping, and playing with the parrots normal. Fitting in an afternoon of sight seeing was, indeed, possible but not easy! Every cage got cleaned and each bird got their shower & breakfast before I popped out for a few hours. Then, every evening, every bird got some loving, their dinner, and the floors got swept. Easy? Absolutely not! But in lieu of a vacation, I had to take time for myself. This is a good lesson for everyone! If you don't take time for yourself...your bird will soon become a burden that ties you down and resentment will follow. All will benefit if you have a life. This is the same advice given to new mothers! Your bird is not an anchor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home