Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, April 23, 2007

Wild Meets Captive

I didn't have my camera with me today when I took a break and sat outside in the sun. I was basking while watching my parrots in their big outdoor cages. When you sit still and just observe you can truly see some wonderous behaviors. In this case, the behavior was entertaining! A passing Anna's hummingbird came through the area and spotted the bright red tail feathers of Buster. It attempted to investigate the red "blossom" but was deterred by the cage wire. Buster had the most puzzled look on his face. The hummer got tired trying to get to the red target and decided to sit on the wire three inches from Buster. The two just sat there in the glorious sun and I could just imagine what Buster was thinking. "Is that a bug or a bird?" "What the heck am I supposed to do?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home