Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, August 26, 2007

More Parrot Talk

Bubbles is a little Hahn's Macaw. He is very talkative and when his mom and dad came to pick him up he was happily exclaiming, "Hi baby!" This was apparently a new phrase for Bubbles. After Bubbles and his associates left, I started to analyze just where that phrase came from. We definitely speak "parrot" in this house, but do I say what they say or visa versa? I've been known to ask my friends, "that good?" "want some?" and they look at me funny.

Well, this is Chauncey, my Slender Billed Cockatoo. He, too is very talkative. I deduced that he also says "Hi Baby!" quite often. Then, just after Bubbles went home, Daisy Grey came to spend the night. Ah Ha! "Hi Baby!" was her key phrase. Buster, my grey, probably picked it up as well as did Chauncey. So you see, I don't teach these guys their vocabulary, they teach each other! Now, we're all saying "Yummy Yummy!" thanks to Bubbles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home