Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Merlin Grey Parrot Slow to Know

This is Merlin. He is the Congo African Grey that I am boarding that is a bit shy and unwilling to be handled.

He doesn't fool me! I am taking my time to develop some rapport with him. Leaving his cage door open allowed him to come out on his terms. Then I offered his stick perch for him to step on. "No Way" he resisted. But he did fly down to the floor where the instinct was to accept a ride back to his cage.


Then I gave everyone a good
misting! In the top photo he has his eyes closed. But he was loving it!

The lower photo shows one very happy bird. He got completely wet and started to play with his toys. Happy Happy Bird. However, two or maybe three of these birds continue to "meow" and call the "Kitty Kat"...I don't have a kitty! Moki, my pomeranian, will have to do! She looks like a kitty I suppose...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home