Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Newest Guests

All of these birds live in one big happy family. The littlest one, Bubbles, is seen hiding behind his many toys. Can you spot him? He is a Hahn's Macaw. Bubbles talks ALOT! He always has something happy to say. "Eat your Breakfast" "Are you hungry?" "Yummy Yummy!" "What's the kitty go?" "Meow" Bubbles is like a hyperactive precocious child. I takes a certain energy level to keep up with this kind of bird.

This little Panama Amazon is a different sort of character. His name is Jabbers and he is beginning to talk and cough and take interest in the happenings around here. He seems a little shy but when I got on my knees to scrub the floor, I looked over and there he was! "Whatcha doing?"



Last but not least. We have Merlin a Congo Grey. He is nervous, flighty, and biting. I'm taking it slowly to win him over. I think greys have some problem with the "other kinds of parrots". I know that when my macaws or cockatoos sound off...Buster, my grey must shout "QUIET!" "Pipe Down!" Ever wonder what your parrot thinks of something?
This is their only girl. Her name is Wishes. She is a young Red Fronted Macaw. What a delight! She is sweet and friendly and eager to learn. Red Fronted Macaws are smaller than Blue and Golds and Scarlets, but larger than Severes, Yellow Collared, and Hahns. I find their personalities incredibly endearing. Wishes is mostly green but if you look closely you can see the orange bronze color that will increase with each molt until she is a bronze beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home