Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, November 16, 2007

FLYING IS FUN

Here are Mango and Blue roosting on their armoire in "their bedroom." They are fully flighted and quite active when I let them out to stretch their wings. They swoop and circle the room and have their favorite places to land. When it's time to go back...they can be quite taxing.

I have learned to spend time with them in the evening because I can easily persuade them to "go back" when I turn down the lights. However, in the daylight, I have to use some ingenuity. Today I actually had success when I "mesmerized" them with my singing! I requested each one to step onto their ladder and then sang a high lilting song as I slowly inched towards the cage. Blue was so intent on listening to the song that he forgot to fly off for more games. Once Blue is in the cage, Mango cooperates immediately to be with her pal! These methods are shared because it never ceases to amaze me that our birds love to play games and "cajoling" them to cooperate gets to be a challenge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home