Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Day!

I arrived at my Walnut Creek "Nanny Visit" to care for the parrots and was greeted by the wild turkeys! What a great way to spend Thanksgiving! When I opened the garden gate to return the garbage cans, there they were...hiding. I calmly greeted them and they didn't seem agitated at all. Later, they appeared at the picnic table as if to say, "Well? Where's dinner?" They forage quite peacefully around the garden eating just about everything from flowers to bugs and who knows what else. But they do scratch around in the discarded birdfood that I scatter. Maybe they are so beautiful because of the Harrison's pellets!

Last evening, as I was leaving this house, a large flock of Canada Geese flew overhead honking loudly on their way to Heather Farms. Yes, it was a very memorable Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home