Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pin Feathers On The Neck


If a parrot doesn't have a companion bird, the pin feathers on the head and neck can get very uncomfortable. Imagine having little spikes on your neck! Two birds have a way of grooming each other that cannot easily be duplicated.
Ben, my blue crown conure, has been a loner bird all of his life. He usually wants nothing to do with the grooming process. I wrap him lovingly in a towel and proceed to pinch the keratin off of those spikey feathers.
When Kiku was visiting, I was so pleased to see that he took on the challenge happily. I'm sorry, Kiku, that Ben had no idea that he was supposed to reciprocate! He's a taker, not a giver. Maybe next time!

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Mark Anders said...

They're adorable!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home