Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Banana Worms


I bet I got your attention with this posting title!
Actually, I'm referring to those stringy ribbons that adhere to the banana as you peel it. If you were peeling it for yourself, you might be compelled to toss the worms. However, your parrot may love this delicacy. At least they're fun to play with or throw against the wall!
I suggest peeling the banana when you serve it to your parrot. I'm just never sure what can be on the peel. Most bananas are imported. Nuff said. Some parrots don't like the texture of the soft banana and leaving the peel on is preferred. In this case, at least wash it first.
Eggs are commonly fed to birds as well and I will mention here that eggs should be cooked thoroughly. It would not be a good idea to allow your parrot to have the shell. (Many people do this.) Again, the shell can have bacteria on it due to it's origin and environment. Think about it. Salmonella is a nasty bacteria!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home