Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Joshua Update


Joshua has been staying in my bedroom while I work on taming him to the touch. He is still a work in progress. Ouch!
However, I am getting to know him through his mutterings and endearments. He was obviously much loved. (He watched as his mom got sicker and sicker with cancer and then died.)
There are low volume moans and groans plus you can hear the sweet whispers of concern as barely audible "Hi Sweetheart" "How are you?" "Are you all right?"
He's not always sad though! Later in the morning he begins his whistles, beeps, and normal grey sound effects. That, along with laughter and "Good Girl" "Good Boy" interspersed with an occasional "God Dammit". His vocabulary is huge. He literally has ongoing conversations including lots of praise, endearments, and laughter.
Joshua has been through sadness. Now he is acclimating to a parrot household and seems to enjoy calling back and forth to Buster, my grey downstairs. "Hi Joshua, what a good boy!" When a grey comes into my home, I get a window into his world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home