Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Joshua's First Night


Joshua spent all afternoon with me and became somewhat comfortable. He seemed to prefer being out of the cage. I am not one to allow a bird to be out unattended, but I thought about it!




I set up a small cage with a big door next to my bed. I wove cardboard around it to prevent any thrashing from damaging a wing. You can see from his tall posture that he is not comfortable. In fact, when I left the room, he climbed out to the nearby Atom. He eventually calmed down and was returned to the cage. I slowly covered him without any drama. He climbed around and around by the sound of it and settled down. I even got a deep voiced "hello?" from under the cover. I helloed back. We're bonding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home