Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, November 29, 2010

Very Cool Play Area


Paul Engineering the Pulley System
  During the winter, play areas were lacking in the living room. I would wheel up a small playgym and open the cage door to allow a parrot some out-of-cage time or, just let them play on top of the cage. This just wasn't good enough.  And yet, I didn't want a clumsy stand with a huge platform that is always dirty and in the way.  When some magnificent manzanita came my way... I thought out loud how great it would be to have a suspended play area that I could pull up and down as needed.  Paul, my son and fabricator of all things, gave it some thought and voila!  I now have exactly what I imagined! 
Obviously the whole apparatus is quite "scary" and I plan to let the parrots just take it in for a while before placing one of them on it. Baby steps are always best.




The Pulley Gym in the Up Position


The Pulley Gym in the Down Position
This amazing structure is suspended on covered stainless steel cable and can be lowered or raised easily with its pulley system. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home