Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, March 14, 2011

Comfort Food


Kiki Likes The Menu !
 Around here, breakfast is a big deal!  No matter what the birds are doing, they all stop and come down to their breakfast bowls to investigate the morning meal. 
I use the Smart Crock In and Out Bowls because I can install them conveniently where the guest bird like to be, usually up high where they roost and play.  The shallow bowl with the rounded rim make it easy to see the food and scan the various items for selection.  When these foods are in a deep bowl, they get tossed out to get to the bottom! 

Kiki, here, went straight for the apple.  I serve a varied diet depending on the best fresh produce available.  Warm cooked grains (My own Psittacine Cuisine) is always a portion of the meal.  Fresh produce, a bit of cheese or a dollop of yogurt, perhaps some scrambled egg and toast?  Each day is a little different.  I also follow any special diet instructions that the bird is used to at home. 

Do all birds eat everything?  Of course not.  Some reject it completely the first day.  However, once they see the routine breakfast service and watch their neighbors chowing down, they soon learn to try out the offering.  They mimic more than sounds!  I've converted quite a few parrots to my cooked grains! 

In the afternoon, I take my own baked Munch Muffins around and talk to each bird and offer bites of muffin.  These are made with organic oat and barley flours and flax seed meal grated carrots and solid pack pumpkin along with 22 other ingredients to make them great for feather health.  I purposefully exclude corn and wheat. 

All in all, the parrots eat well! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home