Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, January 13, 2012

Anxious Birds, My Specialty


Many of my clients have needy birds.  They need attention and lots of things to do.  One of my "secrets" is to create a toy string for each "guest" and place it near their roosting perch.  These are not fancy or beautiful but they are irresistible.  Once I determine their favorite texture or item, I refill it when needed.  Some birds love the fuse beads or pony beads, some prefer soft wood.  These two Toos seem to like the soft pliable baby spoons that I found at the Dollar Store and drilled holes in the handles.  They're bright and just the right texture for chewing.  Birds that have feather issues need the security of a good environment.  Separation anxiety is enough to send them into a frenzy if they feel uncomfortable. Rooster and Bisou here know the routine and get the same cage each visit.  Parrot Nanny has become their home away from home.  I love them.  

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM , Blogger Margie G. said...

Bisou and Roo love you tons, and so does their mommy! Thank you for taking such good care of them, Gayle. I don't know what I'd do without you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home