Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, July 23, 2007

BAMBOO IN THE HOUSE?


On Sunday I planned to go down to San Ramon to take in a Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue class. It was hot out so I decided to keep the parrots indoors which made me feel guilty. My good friend Mary was generous enough to bring a bunch of freshly cut bamboo from her garden. We gave each cage a branch and the parrots were quick to start the denuding. Well, Molly was a bit skeptical, but she soon took part in the fun. I came home in the afternoon to a carpet of leaves but some very happy birds. This is an easy enrichment and very exciting to a parrot! Just look at their faces. Josey Wales was beside himself with enthusiasm. I could sit and listen to the great information and not worry whether my parrots were bored stiff at home. Bamboo and willow branches are safe. For more safe branches, woods, plants, etc, go to http://www.plannedparrothood.com/plants.html

Mickaboo is an established parrot rescue organization that needs more foster homes in their network. They provide excellent medical care for any bird that comes to them. For this very reason, they desperately need donations. Please go to their site and check it out. www.mickaboo.org Perhaps you could make a difference for some poor bird that needs rescuing. If not by fostering, perhaps with a small donation. We all agree our birds are spoiled and happy....but there is a responsibility to try to help those less fortunate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home