Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, August 31, 2007

Canary Wing Parakeet

This is Manu. He is a Canary Wing Parakeet. I haven't had the experience of playing with one of these guys before and found my recent playtime with Manu amazing. He reminds me of a Kakariki because he climbs and hangs and scampers around so quickly and artfully that it was difficult to capture a photo! Canary Wings are also called Yellow Chevron Parakeets and are in the Brotogeris family. (South American)

Here you can see how acrobatic Manu is. He is almost in constant motion. He would climb up my leg and to my shoulder and grab hold of my eye glasses and dangle there. What a clever and entertaining little guy.

Apparently, there are flocks of these in some parts of the USA. Escapees have survived quite well in San Francisco and in many parts of Florida among other places. They nest together in Date Palms. A bit on the noisy side but the antics make that worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home