Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, April 12, 2010

Companion Buddies

Kiku is here again! Ben loves Kiku and allows him to preen the spikey neck pinfeathers that I am not easily permitted to touch. Kiku is a young and active blue crowned conure male. Ben, on the other hand, is an elderly (over 30 now) blue crown that has limited mobility. He gets around...but not easily.

I love seeing these two hang out together and enjoy each other's company. Would I recommend having two birds for this purpose? Not always. Two birds do not always get along. Two birds are definitely twice as much work, if not more. There are many considerations when attempting to create a harmonious parrot home.

Kiku and Ben can "visit" with each other when Kiku stays here. They cage separately, of course.

I am hopeful to get Joshua, my new project grey, to be companions with Buster, my grey. I think, over the years, it is advantageous to have birds that can be companions. I can't be the activity director all of the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home