Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Joshua's New Digs


Joshua and I have come to terms. He doesn't like the toweling process and I don't like him to be frightened. Therefore, I have backed off of all attempts to handle him. He now resides peacefully next to my bedroom window in a larger cage than before.
He was so skeptical of the new cage at first that it took all day for him to venture over to it. I simply put the larger cage next to the smaller one and left both doors open. He was tempted with some of his favorite things in the new cage.
He still is allowed an "open door policy" whenever I am home. (Most of the time!)
He climbs out and onto the ropes and plays or hangs out. Then, he migrates back inside to eat and play with toys. He is very comfortable. If he goes to the floor for any reason, he simply climbs back up to the cage.
Perhaps, after a long while, we will develop a relationship of trust and he will be more accepting of my hands.
I'm in no hurry. He has spent the majority of his first two years being a bedside companion without much handling. For now, this is acceptable to me too. I certainly don't need a cuddle bird and I enjoy the camaraderie of Joshua.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home